Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Software > Viewers or Web Page Creators

Old May 27, 2010, 4:52 AM   #11

I like the new version - looks very modern with the initial black/white dandelion shot.

Would be good if you can make it stretch to fit the browser window.

The only thing I don't like is the prev/next buttons on the image - the way they pop-up detracts from an otherwise very clean and simple page. A permanent prev/next button outside the photo on each side would be simpler or even the thumbnails which would be similar to the 'cover flow' view you get on an iPod.

The mixed languages is also a bit confusing - I guess there is a setting somewhere in your editor to fix that.
MartinSykes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 27, 2010, 6:07 AM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by MartinSykes View Post
I like the new version - looks very modern with the initial black/white dandelion shot.

Would be good if you can make it stretch to fit the browser window.

The only thing I don't like is the prev/next buttons on the image - the way they pop-up detracts from an otherwise very clean and simple page. A permanent prev/next button outside the photo on each side would be simpler or even the thumbnails which would be similar to the 'cover flow' view you get on an iPod.

The mixed languages is also a bit confusing - I guess there is a setting somewhere in your editor to fix that.
That's nice to read, thank you! I see mixed language only at the date "26TH MAI 2010" - have you seen that anywhere else?

Gotta work on that (and on my wordpress/php skills)

2 x EOS 6D | 24/1.4 ART | 35/1.4 ART | 50/1.4 | 85/1.8 | 135/2L
maggo85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 27, 2010, 6:35 AM   #13

Only other one was if you click categories, then point at a category on the list. the tooltips are in German I think.
Old May 27, 2010, 7:03 AM   #14

Quote:
Only other one was if you click categories, then point at a category on the list. the tooltips are in German I think.
Thanky you Martin... it's the same with the "Tags"! I think I need to install an english wordpress version, would be the best way to solve language issues

Old May 29, 2010, 2:48 AM   #15

I've chosen the second version - thanks for your help anyone!

Old Jun 4, 2010, 10:15 AM   #16

I've just checked your web site and it's looking great and easy to navigate. Very nice. One comment: when you click Info there's a duplicate of the pick, which seems unnecessary. Some basic Exif data could be nice also: camera, lens, EV, shutter speed and ISO.
Ordo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 4, 2010, 3:44 PM   #17

Hey, thanks for taking a look Ordo - an thanks for the nice words too!! When you first open the site, or click on a category and then on a pick, then the "info" is OK, without the duplicate of the shot... when when you navigate between the pics and then click on "Info", the duplicate is there... the biggest problem to solve right now

I'd love to include the exif data, but I always shoot RAW and the exif gets lost when I develop them with Adobe Lightroom 2 - maybe you know how to leave the exif on the shot? Gotta google that...

BTW, now I use an englisch version of Wordpress - no more language mixtures... and I disabled the photo's reflections

Old Jun 5, 2010, 2:59 AM   #18

Looks very good now. Just one small suggestion - when you have a shot with a portrait orientation it might be better to shrink it so it is the same height as your landscape shots. I have to scroll to see the whole of a portrait shot otherwise.

I like Bumblebee II

[Edit] - oh, one minor annoyance is that it starts on the last (latest) photo and you have to go backwards. Is there any way to add a 'Next' button on the last photo which takes you back to the start?

Last edited by MartinSykes; Jun 5, 2010 at 3:09 AM.
Old Jun 5, 2010, 3:10 AM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by maggo85 View Post
I'd love to include the exif data, but I always shoot RAW and the exif gets lost when I develop them with Adobe Lightroom 2 - maybe you know how to leave the exif on the shot? Gotta google that...
I solved this problem now - found out how to keep the EXIF data when developing from RAW... so I've got more street shots that are ready to upload with no EXIF, but next time I go out shooting, the EXIF data will be kept and then displayed on my website

Quote:
Looks very good now. Just one small suggestion - when you have a shot with a portrait orientation it might be better to shrink it so it is the same height as your landscape shots. I have to scroll to see the whole of a portrait shot otherwise.

I like Bumblebee II
Thanks for the nice words Simon - I thought about that... but don't you think the image gets to small then? Anyway, I'll try that out of course

Old Jun 5, 2010, 3:15 AM   #20

Just seen 'RedBreast II - Ready for Takeoff' Looks like he's just fallen off the branch by accident and hasn't had a chance to react yet.

I think the portrait images would be quite small but from the ones I've seen so far you almost always shoot in landscape so it wouldn't be many of them. You could put a series of 2 or 3 portrait shots side by side and put them up together as a series instead of alone.