Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Software > Viewers or Web Page Creators

Old Aug 7, 2002, 9:18 AM   #11

For a "slide show" that will run on both PC and Macs, setting up a web page is probably the best way. Could be as simple as using your photo editor's web page creator (seems most have that now) or going all the way to Flash/java scripts/java applets (PRViewer)/QTVR/.... Hard to believe that any slide show software can offer all the possibilities of HTML, though there can be problems synchronizing sound and images with simple HTML.

Just burn the HTML onto CDs and send it to Aunt Martha (Mac) and to Uncle Fred (PC). They will both be able to use it.
BillDrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 7, 2002, 9:20 AM   #12

http://www.swishzone.com/ has a shareware ($50) that will produce Flash annimaitons. I haven't tried it, but it is much cheaper than MacroMedia's Flash and should do a fair slide-show albeit without sound.

[Edited on 8-7-2002 by BillDrew]
BillDrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 9, 2002, 6:09 PM   #13
lg

Quote:
Originally posted by A Ridge
lg

Or any others with suggestions about slide show software. Will Digital Photo Slide Show change the format of the individual pictures that are used?...
[/i]A Ridge, sorry for the very delayed response! I just saw it today. Here's your answer: No. The jpegs are used as is, in the format you saved them to disk.
Quote:
Can I do this with the software you suggested?
Yes.

[Edited on 9-9-2002 by lg]

[Edited on 9-9-2002 by lg]
lg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 25, 2003, 6:00 PM   #14

There are a ton TON of slide show software titles

Ulead has one called "picture show"
www.ulead.com/dps/runme.htm

and ACDSee has one called FotoAngelo
http://www.acdsystems.com/English/Pr...gelo/index.htm

Those are my two fav's Hope you can take a look ...
huebdoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 21, 2004, 10:15 AM   #15

This is a late reply I know, but I think people still have a need for this info.

I can tell you firsthand about "Digital Photo Slide Show" having purchased and used it for nearly all the functionality.

1. It does make a slide show that goes on a cd, with selectable time intervals, a small menu at the top with Pause etc, music that is played alphabetically whether MP3 or Wav, transitions in between slides that can be customized or just let them play in order, and the cd is made as an Autorun so any simple user can pop in the cd you made and the program starts running. The jpgs are not protected, so that user could take the cd to get the jpgs printed. The cd is burned with YOUR software whatever you have. It actually is not a bad program for $30. The bug on this one is the very first slide is displayed only for 1 second (I looked at his index.html and he has the first slide OUTside the play loop). My workaround is to make the first slide a duplicate of the second...the user doesn't really notice. The downside of this is if you make the show loop. You'll now see 2 slides displayed at the set interval time. I usually make my shows stop at the end. This Autorun maker feature is the best part of the product.
2. It does have a photo resizer. Input and output is simply a directory. Not a bad tool.
3. It purportedly has"web slide show" ability but this really ends up to be nothing more than thumbnails with their jpgs. The program creates an index.html along with thumbs. That same bug is present in this part of the program too. No workaround. No ability to add music to the web slide show. You don't figure this out until you put in an MP3 and it doesn't play. So, this "slide show" is not one where the user double-clicks on it and it starts playing. This is one where the user has to click on an arrow to go thru each slide manually. So if you want a bunch of thumbnails and manual interaction, this is for you.
4. It also has a feature where you make a "setup.exe" out of your photos. Again, point the program at the directory, set interval times etc, put in your wav or mp3's, and it builds the file. Theoretically you now send that file in Email or put it on a cd. When your end user double clicks on it, it is installed on their computer and an icon appears on the desktop. Now they can look at that "program" whenever they want. On the outset it sounds nifty but emailing huge files becomes a bad idea, and installing strange things on your computer is a bit scary. You end up using the Autorun maker instead.
5. It also creates a wallpaper slide show for your own customized desktop.

In retrospect, this is not a bad little program. But I sent 4 emails to the author with questions, and asking for a fix for that bug, and got no replies at all. The only time he replied is when I emailed to say I wouldn't recommend his software because he doesn't reply to email. (!) So, don't expect much other than what you have.

There is a 60 day download trial. Try that to see how you like it first. And, of course check out the Ulead and ACDC software too. I think I will also. They sound pretty nice.

CC
coolcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 21, 2004, 2:35 PM   #16

I find Debra Grass's AVShow2 to be quite good. For cost author requests you donate 30$ to your favourite charity.

A couple of sample shows are available on the site here Samples

A Mac version was in development but apparently halted due to lack of interest. (Hint, if you are interested let her know)
PeterP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 24, 2004, 4:46 PM   #17

I have tried about 10 different programs and the one I found to be the best is MY SLIDESHOW you can add special effects, music without merging the tracks, create auto run projects, VCDS. The program is so easy to use my 10 year old creates his own slide shows. Im not kidding. Go to www.anixsoft.com/ and down load it.
You won't be sorry

Olympus C700UZ
Canon PRO90IS
Canon EOS Digital Rebel
Canon EFS 18-55mm Lens
Canon EF 70-300mm Lens
jaxxbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 23, 2005, 6:08 AM   #18

Go to photodex.com and check out their software. It is really good for a DVD you can play on a regular DVD player.
Ronnie948 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 11, 2005, 2:46 PM   #19

I'm on the mac side, but I know that Extensis Portfolio will let me create a slideshow that is cross-platform compatible and will do what you want. I'm assuming it will do the same for the windows version.
memento is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 16, 2005, 3:39 AM   #20

I know a good programm to create a slide show: http://www.geovid.com/Flash_SlideVidShow/ I think its what you need
SandraS is offline   Reply With Quote