Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Software > Viewers or Web Page Creators

Old Oct 21, 2004, 6:58 PM   #1

I have recently purchased a used Apple G4 with OSX. I was hoping it would complement my DRebel, among other things. However, I am having problems with one of the apps. I was trying to use ImageBrower (Canon) viewing software. I clicked on the icon. The app opened. I then selected the hard drive, because I have pictures there. The app then closed. A window appeared that said, "The application ImageBrowser has unexpectedly quit." I have tried removing and re-loading the software to no avail. Any suggestions?
Jimmy Beanz is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Feb 12, 2005, 8:53 AM   #2

Hi
I have the same software and it works without issue.
You could try rebuilding the preferences for the application. Make sure the application is closed.
Go to your Home folder, Library, Preferences. In there you will find the preferences for your application. delete. Then try to open the application.

Is this a recent mac?
if so, just use iPhoto.
Pelao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 12, 2005, 10:39 PM   #3

Thanks for responding Pelao. This is actually an older G4. I kept screwing around with the app until I figured out how to work it. I open the folder where my pictures are (first), select all the pictures that I want to work with, and then select "open with" ImageBrowser.

Trying to open ImageBrowser first just doesn't work. I converted from a PC to a Mac about 4 or 5 months ago. I don't miss a lot about my PC, but I do miss the ease of using ImageBrowser. Yes, I know that iPhoto is "supposedly" better, but I don't agree. Then again, iPhoto is better than the Mac version of ImageBrowser! Thanks again

:evil:
Jimmy Beanz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 11, 2005, 2:37 PM   #4

I simply don't use imagebrowser. Never did. I tried it a few times, but was never happy with it. If you are looking simply for an "image browser" program, there are freeware programs that do that. Photoshop has a browser also. Also, the finder itself, in icon view, will show thumbnails.

See here:
http://www.macupdate.com/search.php?...x=0&button.y=0
memento is offline   Reply With Quote