Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Software > Viewers or Web Page Creators

Old Feb 3, 2005, 10:12 PM   #1

hi! is anybody using this slide show software? it looks pretty darn good, but it's quite pricey though. good reviews in the net, but i would like to ask those who have actually used it whether it's worth every dollar?
junji98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Feb 3, 2005, 10:35 PM   #2

I've seen slide shows made with PRoShow Goldat the Country Images Camera Club and the plain slide shows looked and worked very well.

One of the members who is a working pro, is using it to produce imageshowsfrom his clients weddings. They also look very good, but he is usingmany effects and on an under powered laptop the motion and music can get choppy at times.

I think the standard ProShow is 30$ and unless you really need the added features like output to DVD of proshow Gold at 70$ The standardversion is more than enough for home use.

PhotoDex has a 15day trialsof both products available here http://www.photodex.com/downloads/trials.html

Peter.
PeterP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 6, 2005, 6:03 PM   #3

Hi, maybe a bit late with this but I have used several slideshow programs including ProShow, PicturesToEXE, Magix PhotoStory, Ulead, Pinnacle, Adobe Premiere (takes ages, not worth it for pics only) and EditStudio.

Just to say my favourite is ProShow Gold for making DVD and CD slideshows. It's panning, zooming, spinning effects and general usability is well worth the money if you plan to do lots of slideshows on these formats (great to post to relatives and looks great on a large Plasma/LCD TV too).

PicturesToEXE is a really good alternate (minus the panning, zooming, spinning ability of ProShow) if you only intend to create slideshows for use on a PC as it can create Executable Files AND Screensavers which can be emailed (if you use MP3 audio as it can't compress WAV/CD music within the program creating large files).

The choppiness PeterP mentions on the PC can happen, but when I view the finished DVD/CD on a TV it doesn't raise its ugly head. And get a Rewritable DVD or CD and test this first before committing to a final press.

Latest version has fixed a few bugs so it seems to be more stable. I also use Audacity to prepare audio before importing into ProShow Gold too.

Hope this helps...:-)
r0nn13 is offline   Reply With Quote