Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Software > Viewers or Web Page Creators

Old Aug 6, 2005, 11:12 AM   #1

I have been working on this slideshow for a couple weeks now and one day the program froze so I had to use the task manager to shut it down. Now it says it has had an improper shutdown and it wont let me get back into my show. Is there any way that I can get around this improper shutdown and get back to work on my show?
chatch04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Aug 6, 2005, 8:20 PM   #2

chatch04,

Your program got messed up and you will have to uninstall it and reinstall it again.

But first, search for your Proshow slide show files you created (*.psh and *.pxc) and save them to another location on your hard drive. Proshow usually saves your slide show under C:\Program Files\Photodex, as default.

Uninstalling Proshow is not supposed to lose your created files, but don't take a chance and relocate them to be sure.

After you reinstall the program, you can reopen these files and continue with your editing.

I made a subdirectory in location other than the Proshow program installation area called "Slide Shows' and save my files there, just to be safe in case something like what you encountered happens.
Gritty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 5, 2005, 12:09 PM   #3

GRITTY's got it right. PSG can get confused VERY easily. Great program but not completely Debugged.
Setiprime is offline   Reply With Quote