Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Software > Viewers or Web Page Creators

Old Jan 4, 2006, 4:44 AM   #31

I'm having trouble with ZoomBrowser EX v5.5. I have a SanDisk media card reader and rarely connect my Canon G5 to my computer at all anymore. I'm running WinXP SP2. In the past I've always used ZoomBrowser EX v4.5 to batch download my images from my card through my reader to my computer with no problems. Under the new version, I'm not able to download more than two images at a time, regardless of how many I have selected. Typically, the software will download one or two images even though it may show fifty or more selected. There seems to be no pattern as to when it will download either one or two but it never downloads more than two images. I have over twenty years of personal computer experience and consider myself an advanced computer/digital camera user. This, coupled with my past experience with previous versions of ZoomBrowser, leads me to believe I'm not doing anything wrong but I've been wrong before. The download process appears to be fairly straightforward and there seems to be little room for error. Has anyone else complained of a problem like this? Does anyone out there have any idea what I may be doing wrong? Any help anyone could be provide would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Sincerely,
- Byron Followell
mbfspam@adelphia.net

bfollowell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 7, 2006, 12:05 AM   #32

I'm using a PCMCIA CF card adaptor with various CF cards and don't have this problem.

After much thought I've decided to use the automatic download and delete option that downloads to a folder (based on Year/Month) and deletes from the CF card. Fingers crossed all goes well. I'd lose a sprocket if any of my pics get lost.
marsupial tiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 8, 2006, 5:21 PM   #33

I have read several of these notes and have tried all of them, from my undrstanding, you should not need Zoombrowser to use your Canoncamera if you are running Windows XP, right? I have a a610 andI recently have been having problems starting Windows image acquisition. I have wentinto registry editor andmodified my stisvc start value from 2 to 4which was suggested in another forum and it worked for a while, but now it don't. Every time I try to change this value it automatically changes back to 2. Any suggestions?
Bradfe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 8, 2006, 3:25 PM   #34

Hello, I encountered many problems when trying to upgrade my old Canon Zoombrowser EX 3.x to version 5.5. I tried most of what could be found on the internet and especially this thread was very good. But not good enough for my problem though...
I got a message about 'camera window dvc' not having a previous product installed needed to upgrade or something (I did not write down all messages). This made the camera window not appear when started from zoombrowser. After endless attempts to upgrade in different ways (from 3.x to 4.x to 4.z to 5.5) I found a website with a similar problem description which I applied and this worked great! So finally I got my 5.5 running. I had to reboot after applying the registry change described in the solution, so keep that in mind if things don't work out right away. Also there is a possiblity to install 5.5 without having an old version installed, which I did because I installed and unintalled so many time that this was very welcome. To install without an old version, use 7-zip (freeware) http://www.7-zip.org/ and right click on the zoombrowser 5.5 install file and choose extract..., this will give you the extracted files.
How to fix the error I described can be found here:
http://photography-on-the.net/forum/...ad.php?t=61965

I hope this will help someone with this nasty problem!
Leihcim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 20, 2006, 2:30 AM   #35

armani wrote:
Quote:
I have figure it out. No worries.
I have the same problems like so many other with ref. to the Camera Window 5.1 not working with the new Zoombrowser 5.5. Could you help me out please, fixin it. Many Thanks
lofer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 23, 2006, 1:20 PM   #36
GYM

This is an old topic, but here it goes...

Trying to use Zoombrowser 5.6 with a Canon Rebel XT. I tried all of the information as suggested above and I keep getting the following wondow pop up after clicking "connect to camera". Unable to download from the camera.

EOS Utility downloads images and works fine.
Attached Images

GYM is offline   Reply With Quote