Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Software > Viewers or Web Page Creators

Old Dec 22, 2005, 7:05 PM   #11

More information about working with video files in my intro to my pbase A610 gallery:
http://www.pbase.com/isabel95/a610

(You can see the progress from my lack of knowledge to where I am now...next hump to get over is how to add music to the mp4 file!)

Any other method for producing mp4 does not produce (at least for me) the great visual quality that the h.264 codec does.

I originally was interested in converted to mp4 because I wanted to see my videos on my Epson P2000, but unfortunately the P2000 will not read mp4s created with the H.264!

Isabel
isabel95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 22, 2005, 9:38 PM   #12

Thanks for your insight Isabel. Much appreciated. I'll see how i go once i've got Quicktime Pro.

Thanks, Doug
canon a610 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 23, 2005, 6:20 PM   #13

Flash....I just learned about Video Vault from Donald on the STorage Forum at dpreview.com.

There is a PVP (personal video player) version that will convert avi files to a format viewable on Epson P2000 players and the conversion is extremely fast.

I think you may want to take a look at this software. It sure beats the QuickTime Pro for speed. The visual quality on the P2000 is gorgeous.

Download a trial here: http://www.dvdxsoftware.com/product.asp?lc=off

Isabel

canon a610 wrote:
Quote:
Thanks for your insight Isabel. Much appreciated. I'll see how i go once i've got Quicktime Pro.

Thanks, Doug
Old Jan 3, 2006, 10:47 PM   #14

I've had troubles obtaining a copy of quicktime pro. and i don't have the money to buy the software you had a link for. uuurrggghhh. oh well, what can you do. If you want to be a cheap arse like me, you have to live with things being tricky. I think i'll just ask one of my multimedia friends. thanks anyways. tar tar.
canon a610 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 4, 2006, 4:58 AM   #15

The DVX software I mentioned may beat QuickTime Pro for speed but it doesn't produce as good visual quality.
Isabel
Old Jan 11, 2006, 2:43 PM   #16

canon a610 wrote:
Quote:
I've had troubles obtaining a copy of quicktime pro. and i don't have the money to buy the software you had a link for. uuurrggghhh. oh well, what can you do. If you want to be a cheap arse like me, you have to live with things being tricky. I think i'll just ask one of my multimedia friends. thanks anyways. tar tar.
QT pro is the same as QT. The only difference is that you buy a serial number to unlock the pro features. Don't know if that helps.
memento is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 14, 2006, 5:44 PM   #17

Hi All!

Itsbecause of the comments on this board that I felt gratefully bolsteredto go ahead andpurchase a copy of QuickTime Pro. The long and short of it is thatQuickTime Proworks. I downloadedSteves Catnip Cat moviewith its640x480 MP4 .240 standard and converted it to Simple MP4with no problem. That seemed todo the trick. You can tellimmediately if the P2000 likes the format because it will generate a thumbnail right away.

The conversion processwasn't very fast. But it was fast enough for me. It seemed to me that the quality wasn't as good as it might be but I believe this was due to me not really knowing the Quicktime Pro interface very well.

If someone else doesn't do it first, I hope to methodically go through all of the different formats available for export from Quicktime Pro and to post the results when I get back from my vacation (few weeks to Vietnam/Thailand). I will be giving the P2000 a real workout in the bush.

I would appreciate it if anyone else could share their discoveries concerning the P2000.

Have a good one!

Ted

tcalbaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 14, 2006, 8:07 PM   #18

Someone recommended Video Vault to me for converting for use on the P2000. It worked very well and the interface was very simple. Of course, it's another program you have to buy! Much quicker than QuickTime and the MPeg 4 that I was converting to is not recognized by the P2000. I'm not sure the conversion with Video Vault was to MPEg. You just choose that you want to convert the file for viewing in the P2000.
Isabel
Old Jan 15, 2006, 1:57 PM   #19

Isabel,

Thanks for the info about Video Vault. Could you tell us a little more about the setting you used for exporting to a file format that your P2000 could read successfully. I just downloaded Video Vault to have a closer look at it. I am trying to obtain as high a quality output as I can.

I am also trying to convert some of the downloaded movies and videos from itunes/ipod so that they can played on the P2000. Has anyone had success at this?

tcalbaz@yahoo.com

My website:

http://teddycalbazan.smugmug.com
tcalbaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 15, 2006, 2:45 PM   #20

Actually all I did was use the option listed to record for playback on the P2000. I just downloaded the trial copy and tried it once and it looked very good on the P2000.

Don't know anything about converting movies and videos from an ipod. The file I converted was an avi file from my A610 camera.

Isabel

tcalbaz wrote:
Quote:
Isabel,

Thanks for the info about Video Vault. Could you tell us a little more about the setting you used for exporting to a file format that your P2000 could read successfully. I just downloaded Video Vault to have a closer look at it. I am trying to obtain as high a quality output as I can.

I am also trying to convert some of the downloaded movies and videos from itunes/ipod so that they can played on the P2000. Has anyone had success at this?

tcalbaz@yahoo.com

My website:

http://teddycalbazan.smugmug.com