Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Welcome Center > Welcome! Introduce yourself here

Old May 11, 2008, 6:52 AM   #1

Congrats to whoever came up with the introductions forum. I think it's really interesting to learn more about the people with whom I've become friends through this forum.

After a first career in radio broadcasting, I became a teacher 19 years ago and still have to serve a few more years of my sentence till retirement. I currently teach psychology, philosophy, and history in our school's International Baccalaureate program and am the boys' soccer coach.

As a kid I loved photography, but the hobby died for lack of money. I got back into it when I made the decision seven or eight years ago to start trying to provide my players with soccer action photos. I bought one of the earliest superzooms, a Casio 8000SX, and discovered Steve's reviews when I decided to replace it, eventually buying an Olympus C750. I thought it was dying (reports of its death proved greatly exaggerated as my son is now taking great pictures with it) and discovered the forums at Steve's while researching a replacement.

Thanks to the advice of Sarah Joyce, rinniethehun, and others, I bought a Fuji s6000fd and started participating in the forums. I was hooked! I'm now on my second DSLR, a Pentax K20d, and I've even gotten my wife to start shooting with the K10(I haven't gotten her brave enough to start posting in the forums, but I'm working on it.) I live in the woods, so nature shooting is a daily pastime for me, but I also enjoy sports, portraits, and just about anything that I find interesting.

Thanks to all the outstanding, friendly photographers in this corner of the internet, and thanks to Steve for providing what I consider the best resource I've visited for info on all things pertinent to digital photography.

An old soccer coach at a cold weather soccer practice:

Paul Logan
Trojansoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links