Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Welcome Center > Welcome! Introduce yourself here

Old May 17, 2008, 8:02 PM   #1

Hi Guys. tcav introduced me to these forums (he's my Step-father) AndI thought I would say hi.

I started out with my Dad's Nikon F in the 80's (no, I did not forget anything after the F), somehow getting lucky with photos that actually looked good (must be the developer ). In the 90's I moved on to auto focus, still not knowing what I was really doing with an 8008s. It was smart enough to help me get good pictures I promised myself when the digital SLR's first started getting cheap that I would wait till they hit 10 MP. Well, I certainly jumped into the deep end and finally got a Nikon D300!

My old lenses work, but turns out they are broken, so both are off getting repaired One is a Tamron 28-200 (I forget the aperature, but probably 3.5-5.6)AF from 97, and the other is a Tamron 80-210 3.8-4 Manual focus that My dad got for the F before he handed it off to me. Since the 80-210 has their adaptall2 ring, it does both AI and preAI. I don't know how good it is overall, but since I can only shoot max aperature with it, it's off to metro to see if they can fix it cheap.

Because my old lenses are broken, and I chose not to go with the Nikon 28-200VR lens that was on special (Guess you could cal it a kit lens for the d300 since they had an instantrebate when you bought it with the body) the only lens I have is a 50mm 1.8D that I bought with the camera. Till the others get back that is.

I've been in love with the idea of unlimited pictures (compared to developing) and I'm excited to start learning by using without waiting for the film to come back! I'll be in and out showing off what I think are good pictures, but I have weird tastes I think. We'll see!
Kallendbor is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old May 18, 2008, 11:01 AM   #2

Welcome to the forums. Glad to have you as a member.

Be sure to post often

billy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 22, 2008, 1:57 PM   #3

hey Kal,
Welcome. you'll love this forum and like you said the unlimited photos you can shoot! the first day I got mine, I went to a motorcycle rally and shot over 500 pics!
glad I didn't have to pay to develope them. :lol::lol::lol:
Goldwinger is offline   Reply With Quote