Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Welcome Center > Welcome! Introduce yourself here

Old Jun 15, 2008, 6:35 PM   #1

I have spent most of the day surfing the net for a good forum to get some great help andhopefullylearn alot, came across this forum and its looks fantastic!

I am new to the the digital photo world, well at least for the part of caring what my pictures look like . I recently purchased a Sony DSC-H50 and just getting around to exploring its functions. I am still trying to figure out and understand the ISO value, Shutter Speed, Aperture, and exposure on a camera and how to work them to get the best shots. This will be my first digital camera that I can actually manipulate these settings. I f you see my post in other forum topics and they seem silly please take it easy on me

I am really into the planted aquarium world and have been growing aquatic plants and aquascaping for about 7 years. Its a great hobby! Trying to bonsai the underworld of Mother Nature is no small task.

I also wanted to know if anyone had any linksreading material relating to similar camera styles of the H50 or just getting a deeper understanding of manipulating the major functions of a camera.

Anyways, just thought I throw my intro out there.

PB3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jun 16, 2008, 1:29 PM   #2

Welcome Pete

I am sure you will be able to exchange ideas with several members here.
steve is offline   Reply With Quote