Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Welcome Center > Welcome! Introduce yourself here

Old Jul 8, 2008, 11:07 AM   #1

Hiya. I'm Mandy from Texas, and am getting into photography now that everyone wants to keep tabs on my 10-month old daughter. Apparently no one cared what *I* was up to, but now the relatives are coming out of the woodwork expecting pictures of Nat. Daily.

So... I'm here to figure out what I need since my old camera died, and what everything means. I look forward to learning from everyone here.
Nats mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jul 11, 2008, 9:05 AM   #2

Welcome to the forums. I'm sorry to hear that your Nikon Coolpix 4500 died on you, as I can see from another post you made.

That one was probably the best swivel bodied Nikon overall for most uses. I've still got an old Nikon Coolpix 950 that I use from time to time, since I like it's macro ability so much (as well as it's swivel body, allowing me to shoot from the waist or overhead). But, it's not exactly a speed demon by current standards. ;-)

I wish I'd have kept my CP 990 (which was my personal favorite). The Coolpix 4500 is better in a number of areas though.

Your best bet for new camera suggestions would be to start a new thread in our What Camera Should I Buy? forum.

You may also want to take a look at Steve's Best Cameras List (which contains cameras that are considered to be a good value within their market niche).

JimC is offline   Reply With Quote