Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Welcome Center > Welcome! Introduce yourself here

Old Sep 7, 2008, 4:37 PM   #1

Well, after using 35 mm film cameras (my first 35 mm was an Argus C-3), for over 45 years I finally made the leap into the digital world! Not sure just yet if I am convinced it was the correct thing to do. There are definitely advantages and disadvantages to both.

I find these forums to be very useful in helping me learn and understand more about digital photography.

One of these days I may venture into posting a picture or two. Living in Wyoming most of my subjects (other than our 6 grand children), are wildlife and scenery since we have an abundance of both. I don't have one of the high end photo editing/tuning programs so what you see is pretty much what came off of the card.

I use a Canon XTI that was given to me as a gift and a Canon EOS 20D that was a hand me down from one of my daughters who has become a very accomplished photographer. Is rather ironic, since she was the one who complained the most whenIshot rolls of film at family events when she was growing up. I also carry a CanonPower ShotSD 850 IS with me about all the time.

Mike in Wyoming is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Sep 8, 2008, 2:54 AM   #2

hi nice to meet you :-)
lankeda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 8, 2008, 10:56 AM   #3

Welcome Mike!
JohnG is offline   Reply With Quote