Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Welcome Center > Welcome! Introduce yourself here

Old Sep 8, 2008, 2:50 PM   #1

Hi one and all,

I am new to the forum having found it on the web very recently and also having read Steve's article on "Using ICC Profiles with Canon Printers" June 2005. Perhaps there is someone out there, if not Steve, who can answer my question. I have follwed the printer driver settings but when I reach "set print quality" Steve says to push the quality slider to the right to 1. When I try to do this the slider will only go as far as 2. Please can you explain the reason for this? Perhaps I am doing something wrong. The photo has printed OK but I just wondered why the slider would not go as far as it should.

I am using a iMac OS X Leopard but also running Windows Parallels. Is it a good idea to calibratemy monitor? I havethe Spyder 2 software.

Hope someone can help.

Pennytop is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Sep 9, 2008, 7:52 AM   #2

Welcome to the forums.

The available settings may depend on the printer model, software driver version and paper being used. By the way, you may want to visit one of the Printers forums so that you can find out more ways to get the best results from given printer from members that may have experience with it. I'm afraid I don't know much about color management on an Apple (and Windows applications under Parallels may handle color management differently since they're running in a Virtual Machine on top of another OS), so perhaps others will chime in.

JimC is offline   Reply With Quote