Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Welcome Center > Welcome! Introduce yourself here

Old Sep 13, 2008, 9:16 PM   #1

I'm new to the forum but not to the site. I used Steve's Digicams review to pick out my first digital camera (Olympus C-740UZ in 2004) and second after I broke the first (Olympus C-765UZ in 2005). I had been thinking of diving into dSLRs for a while now and especially since I got a steady reasonably paying job after graduating college. Since my apartment was robbed back in May, I definitely need to get a new camera. I have already saved up and bought a new laptop, now I think I'm ready to start shopping for a new camera. I'm pretty amateur and don't understand a lot of the specifications. I'm hoping there are some nice people on this forum that can help me pick out a camera and/or lenses. I'll be posting a thread in the "What camera should I buy?" subforum in a minute. Please help me out.

PS My hobbies include aquariums, jewelry making, bird watching, and rabbits (playing with my own and volunteering for a local rescue). I like to bring the camera into all of these hobbies.
Cillana is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Sep 14, 2008, 11:15 AM   #2

Welcome. I see you're getting some responses now in the thread asking about cameras. You've got lots of models to choose from that can take great photos in many conditions.

JimC is offline   Reply With Quote