Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Welcome Center > Welcome! Introduce yourself here

Old Feb 21, 2009, 10:36 PM   #1

i've been reading as much as i can about portable digital media storage, but have not been convinced of any one device that sounds really good, within a reasonable price range.

i am a serious amatuer only. i have a canon 700is, and 40D. looking for someting to download my sd and cf cards to without carrying my laptop. i would like to view a screen with decent quality to organize and delete travel and event photos.

i thought i liked the canon M80, but it seems not so US friendly or available, and rather outdated at this stage. does anybody know if canon has anything new 'in the works?'

i would like to stay in the $350 range. if i go more than that i could buy a netbook, which i really don't want to do as i want to stay extremely compact and havea 'dedicated photo storage device.' if i buy a netbook, i will end up using it for email, web searching,and miscellanous work documents, etc., etc., which i don't want.

anybody know of anything new, with a good display screen, reasonable storage 60, 80, to 100G, compact, good battery, etc ????

jcc146 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Feb 22, 2009, 6:56 AM   #2

What is sounds like you're looking for is commonly referred to as a PSD (Personal Storage Device).

B&H has listings for a variety of manufacturers' products here:

Stand Alone Data Storage Devices at B&H

Some have more features than others (card types supported, file types supported, screen size and type, battery life, drive sizes, etc.).

JimC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 22, 2009, 7:19 PM   #3

thanks. that's a good link you sent and i like what i see in the memory kick. first time i've seen that. it seems so new that i cannot find any forums on that device, but several on all the others. thanks again.

anybody have any comments about the memory kick?
jcc146 is offline   Reply With Quote