Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Welcome Center > Welcome! Introduce yourself here

Old May 4, 2009, 1:50 PM   #1

Hello. I've already made a few posts, but I thought I'd take a moment to introduce myself to the forum. I consider myself a newbie, although I've grown up around cameras and work in the computer industry so I'm comfortable with digital technology and can find my way around a camera (I know the lingo and what it means :-) ).

My first camera I ever used was an old brownie camera with 620 roll film. I used that for several years (my age was still in the single digits then) and later graduated to a Kodak Instamatic 30 pocket camera. I later added an electronic flash to that outfit. My film of choice was Ektrachrome X and Kodachrome 64 (I still have those slides).

Over the years I've also owned and or used:
old Polaroid Land camera
my father's Nikon (don't recall the model number, but it was heavy and full manual...I used that in my high school years).
Polaroid Sun 600
Pentax 105-R
Minolta Zoom 160C
Olympus SP-565UZ (my newest toy...and first digital...not counting the still mode on my video camera)

I'm looking forward to sharing my photos and learning from the group here as I work on developing my technique. As my history shows, I've had practice taking photos but only recently have started to pay attention to my technique. (Before it was just a way of documenting birthdays, vacations, etc.)

caheaton is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old May 5, 2009, 6:42 AM   #2

Welcome to the forums Craig!

JimC is offline   Reply With Quote