Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Welcome Center > Welcome! Introduce yourself here

Old May 12, 2009, 8:27 AM   #1
Default Just registered

I have just registered. I am taking a digital photography course for beginners at night school, and our instructor referred us to your website.

I have always had a camera but have never been seriously interested until now. I am a senior with a new iMac, and I need a new camera. Even though there is so much information available here, I will be posting another "newbie" request.

LilyH is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old May 12, 2009, 8:39 AM   #2

Welcome to the forums. You must have a smart instructor. ;-)

A good place to start your search is Steve's Best Cameras List (models deemed to be a good value within their market niche). Make sure to read the review conclusions (last page before the sample images in each review here) to see how a given model stacks up in various areas like Autofocus Speed, cycle times between photos, image quality with and without a flash, and more.

We also have a What Camera Should I Buy? Forum where you can get help from members on deciding what camera may work out better for your needs. For best responses, I'd give as much information as possible about the the subjects you're interested in and the conditions you'll want to shoot in more often, as well as your desired budget.
JimC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 13, 2009, 12:30 PM   #3

Welcome to Steve's!

Tell your instructor we said thank you for refering our site.

I'm confident that our knowledgeable members will be able to assist you in choosing a digital camera that will fit your needs.

Good luck!
billy is offline   Reply With Quote