Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Welcome Center > Welcome! Introduce yourself here

Old Aug 17, 2009, 11:25 AM   #1
Default Newbie from Wichita Kansas

Hello everyone. My name is Jamie and I'm from Wichita Kansas. I've just started in photography. Bought myself a Canon Rebel SLR and I have MUCH to learn. I actually took a basic digital slr photo class and it was very UN educational!

My basic questions and concerns are on lenses - if someone can point me in the right direction. There are so many lenses available and I dont understand the difference in most. I've read up on the terms but as far as the difference between 55-200 55-250 75-300 70-300 18-200 18-270 28-300 - wow . . .

I have 18-55 and 75-300 and would like to look into different lenses but dont know the difference between all these.
jdavis1982 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Aug 17, 2009, 11:57 AM   #2

Welcome Jamie.

I think you'll find we've got a helpful bunch here. So, hopefully some of our users will help answer your questions.

To get an answer on your lens dilema I suggest posting a question in the CAnon Lens forum. But I'll give you a heads up. The first thing users are going to want to know is "what is it about the 2 lenses you have that you can't do or want to do better"? A lens is like adding a tool to your workbench. You generally buy a tool to meet a need. Same here. You tell the people in Canon lens forum what your need is and they can throw out some lens recommendations that will help fit that need.

Again, welcome to the forums!
JohnG is offline   Reply With Quote