Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Welcome Center > Welcome! Introduce yourself here

Old Sep 9, 2009, 10:03 AM   #1
Default hi!

I'm Callie from Chicago- I go to school for journalism right now. I'm not sure what I want to do with it but I have been secretly wanting to write a short novel or series of short stories.

i want to use this to supplement my journalism degree, i got an associates in photography, can anyone tell me more about the nikon cool pix? those seem pretty legit. other than that, any other suggestions?

a little more about my background..

i knew id be a writer ever since...
i saw this lady reading and it made me think. so, okay this woman was on her smoke break, what is that like 5-10 minutes. she loved this book so much she brought it out with her. and i see that a lot. today it just pushed into my mind even more, write write write! people like to read what i write, especially fiction. i want to someday write a novel like this woman was reading, a novel that is so good you don't even wanna take breaks.. whether it be at lunch, at work.. in the bathtub! i want to make those kinds of reads..

hope to connect with passionate writers!
All the best!
Callie Lee
callie9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Sep 9, 2009, 10:13 AM   #2

Welcome Callie:

I'd suggest you ask about a new camera in our What Camera Should I Buy? Forum, which is setup for that purpose, giving as much information as possible (types of photos you want to take, conditions you want to shoot in, budget).
JimC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 9, 2009, 10:47 AM   #3
Super Moderator

hi callie lee from chicago, welcome.

with your associates in photography, it sounds like you may find the added flexibility and control of a budget d-slr to be something worth looking into as well.

best of luck, look forward to seeing you around the forum,
Hards80 is offline   Reply With Quote