Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Welcome Center > Welcome! Introduce yourself here

Old Nov 8, 2009, 12:37 AM   #1
Default Introducing myself!

I'm a Nikon person myself, but I'm currently leaning toward the Olympus due to the Image Stabilization being in body rather than having to cough up extra $ each time I get a new lens. Budget is a huge factor as I'm a poor college kid now (as is my fiance). Any 2 cents about which camera I may be better off with?
Fire Dancers
Tyson19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Nov 8, 2009, 1:06 AM   #2
Super Moderator

if you already own nikon, you will not be saving money by switching systems. and there is a myth that in-body stability is cheaper than in-lens. if you look at comparable lenses, the price difference is not there.

go with the system that best fits your needs and the cameras that you feel most comfortable with. in short, pick the right tool for the job.

we can help out more if you give us a little more information. what kind of nikon equipment do you already own? what types of photos do you shoot? budget? etc.

and last but not least. welcome to the forums.
Hards80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 8, 2009, 10:01 AM   #3

Anything is if your a Nikon user and already have lenses you need to look at the cost of what it will be to replace those lenses when you move to any branded body/system. If your moving up from a point and shoot this isn't much of an issue and like Hards80 said look at comparable prices on lenses, the price difference is not there

Photo 5 is offline   Reply With Quote