Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Welcome Center > Welcome! Introduce yourself here

Old Dec 23, 2009, 3:07 PM   #1
Default A Nikon D80 (newbie)

Hello i am Robert from the uk,

I am very new to the digital photography world, I have had point and click ones so this is my first step into what I would call proper photography. I have a Nikon D80 with a Nikon 18-135 DX lens, I am taking lessions of which i have had one lol.

I really want to get into wedding and portrait photography but at the moment i will be taking picures of anything. I have bought photoshop elements and had a little play around with that, any way enough of me going on just wanted to say hello to you all.

hogbopper is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Dec 23, 2009, 3:26 PM   #2

Hey Robert.

Welcome to the forums.

It sounds like you're off to a good start. Just start setting some money aside for a spare camera body (cameras do break at the least opportune moment and you can't redo a wedding if that happens), more lenses (you'll probably need some that are brighter than the 18-135mm), flashes, etc. if you plan on getting into wedding photography. :-)

Please keep us posted on your progress with it and stop by more often when you get a chance. You'll find a number of members here willing to help out with tips on getting better results.
JimC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 23, 2009, 3:38 PM   #3

welcome, since you are new. Take a look at this site, they have simple youtube workshop on how to do certain things with you dslr.

Have fun with your new hobby.
shoturtle is offline   Reply With Quote