Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Welcome Center > Welcome! Introduce yourself here

Old Jan 25, 2010, 6:15 PM   #1
Default Good camera under $200?

Aloha, I am looking for a camera that has relativley fast time lapse from when you snap to when the picture is taken. I want to spend $200 or less. I also would like good zoom and picture stabilization. I need to buy a new, not used camera. Any suggestions?
schnittg is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jan 25, 2010, 11:20 PM   #2

I just got my Sony DSC-W350 today and I like it a lot so far. I started a thread here:

Sony DSC-W350 First Impressions

That thread has links to my more detailed initial review, which in turn has links to pictures I have taken with it.

It's not perfect, but it's tiny, pretty good, and under $200. Oh, and yeah - it's as fast as any point and shoot I've ever seen - Sony's usually are.
Mark Uhde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 26, 2010, 6:45 PM   #3
Default Olympus Stylus 7010

I like the Olympus Stylus 7010 -- a lot. I have Canon EOS T1i but this little camera is the one that I carried around a lot.

I purchased this little camera at Amazon for $159 in Dec 2009. I was looking for a snapshot camera to take photos through microscope lens, instead of buying an expensive specialized microscope camera. I found this camera is amazing, especially the super-macro and 7X wide-angle zoom. I can get as close as 2cm to take picture.

I would like to share my experience with you about this camer at my personal page:

labchef is offline   Reply With Quote