Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Welcome Center > Welcome! Introduce yourself here

Old Jan 25, 2010, 11:57 PM   #1
Default Introduction

Hello. I am an amateur photographer who has loved taking pictures from the moment I received my first camera - I believe it was a Polaroid "Swinger" in the late 60's(?). I came by this love honestly through my grandmother who seemingly always had a camera in her hand. Since that first camera I've owned various point and shoot cameras from film to digital. I currently have a Canon Powershot A570 IS (with additional macro and telephoto lenses), an Olympus Stylus 1030 SW for those times when I'm going to be under water, kayaking or swimming, a Sony Video camera, and a Panasonic DMC FZ10 which I have just replaced with a Canon Powershot SX 20 IS. Replacing the DMC FZ10 hurt because I have a couple of extra lenses for that camera as well but we'll see how it goes.

Before buying the Canon SX 20 IS I did a lot of research including reading reviews and the forums here. I narrowed my choices down to the Canon and Nikkon P90. the Canon was on sale after Christmas and it seemed that the two cameras received similar reviews with a few positives/negatives that seemed to even out the two cameras. I think in the end the price is what won me over. Anyway, I decided that since I had relied on all of you to help me make a selection on cameras that I should join the community and perhaps offer my guidance to the next person who comes along and asks which camera they should buy.

Tonight I just wanted to introduce myself and say hello.....so, hello
GaDragonfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jan 26, 2010, 12:05 AM   #2
Super Moderator

Welcome to our forums. Glad to have you and look forward to seeing you around.

Hards80 is offline   Reply With Quote