Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Welcome Center > Welcome! Introduce yourself here

Old Jan 29, 2010, 10:29 AM   #1
Default new member

Hi all; I'm new to the forum and my background is from the old days. I was a professional medical photographer for many years and have shot with the best cameras of yesteryear from 127 format up to and including 16x20 view cameras. I am just getting into digital photography with a Panasonic fz7 after a hiatus of about 10 years. So much of digital imaging runs counter intuitive to my old experiences! I'm trying to stay a photographer and not turn myself into a computer geek. I feel that we all tend to get too hung up on technoid issues of "biggest, best, newest,most mp's etc... particularly noise. Anyone who has shot with old time Kodak asa 400 print film or Tri X pushed to asa 3200 should'nt be too concerned with noise(up to a point), and yet these films produced some stellar images over the years. I think we all could benefit from more 'photographin and less hand 'wringin over equipment issues. Thanks for listening to my 2 cents worth, and pleased to meet you all.
photomeister is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jan 29, 2010, 12:23 PM   #2
Super Moderator

hello photomeister.

glad that you are getting back into photography, and venturing forth into digital photography. the transition should be an easy one, as the rules of composition and lighting never change. and as i gather, you have darkroom experience, if you enjoyed that, i am sure you will enjoy the digital darkroom as well.

look forward to seeing your shots and welcome again.
Hards80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 29, 2010, 12:36 PM   #3
Default reply to hards80

Hello hards80, thanks for the comments. Yes I have mega darkroom experience including some things and processes that Kodak said were not possible. I have tons of experience with the old Technical Pan film and some experience using hydrogen peroxide vapor to produce stunningly fast film speeds; but that's fodder for another day. Catch you later.

photomeister is offline   Reply With Quote