Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Welcome Center > Welcome! Introduce yourself here

Old Feb 13, 2010, 1:53 PM   #1
Default Greetings all.

I found this forum while looking for information on compatibility of my older Sigma lenses for Canon and Canon's digital SLRs. I found out I need to get them rechipped. I have sent them an email to get specifics. They are really nice lenses and I don't want to have to replace them. I have been shooting 35mm for 35 years, with only a P&S digital Olympus with a wopping 4 meg pixel res and 125 meg memory card. THat'll give y'all an idea of how old this little camera is.

My 35mm aquisitions started with a Konica FTA (same as the Autoreflex T) which I picked up in Hong Kong in 1974.

Others included

Konica TC
Pentax LX - Worked at a camera store in Waco, TX so I got a great deal from Pentax.
Leica IIIC
Pentax ME
Canon EOS 3
Canon Rebel Ti

So I have come to the conclusion that I have accumulated some obsolete equipment that not many people are looking to buy. Even after a friend of mine told me when I was looking for a new 35 mm camera not to buy a nice high-end camera because digital was coming on just over the horizon. So what do I do? I buy the EOS 3, and then the price drops. I buy the Rebel after that, just to have a travel body. it is now time for me to dive into the digital realm. Looking at getting the EOS 7D. But that will be smetime at the of April. I will have to see what is out my then.

I shoot a wide variety of subject material - bicycle racing, stage productions, and landscapes.
PanTerra is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Feb 14, 2010, 7:56 AM   #2

Welcome to the forums.
JimC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 15, 2010, 5:37 PM   #3

NoFlashPhotography is offline   Reply With Quote