Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Welcome Center > Welcome! Introduce yourself here

Old Mar 9, 2010, 2:21 PM   #1
Default New Member to Steve's Digicam

Hallo Photobugs;

My Username is "Calendula" and after searching in many camera web sites over the last year and a half I came to the conclusion that I should join a digi cam forum to learn about cameras. That's when I came to choose Steve's Digi Camera forum.

I must say it was not simple to sign up to become a member at "Steve's" but then I found it was worth the effort. I like the layout of this forum a lot and think I will come here often, for advice and also to show my accomplishments later on.

My camera prowes is not very impressive , I come from a regular Konika 35mm (I know , films are out of fashion anymore ) to a small Nikon 3100 digi which my son gave me in 2005. The year after I purchased another Nikon, this time a Nikon P3 digi. Like it a lot but it has some limitations for bird photography. I got it for the purpose to shoot my flowers in my big garden and to capture the odd insect. I have done birds however but I would like to take this subject one step closer.

To give you an idea, here is a shot of "our" birds in our Garden/Park setting. A Rosebreasted Grossbeak having a snack.

Oops, was only able to send the link, guess I have to use another forum here at "Steve's" to send pictures.
I do have some questions re: a digi camera and will start a new thread for that soon.

Calendula is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Mar 9, 2010, 3:40 PM   #2
Super Moderator

welcome aboard.

this should help you with posting pictures.
Hards80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 9, 2010, 4:04 PM   #3

Originally Posted by Hards80 View Post
welcome aboard.

this should help you with posting pictures.
Hards80 I have found the above detailed information a very helpful guide to posting my few photos. Bigdawg's screenshots are invaluable as a teaching aid. There is, however, one extra piece of information that I think could be added. The guide stops short of explaining how to intersperse text and photos. This is covered in the Forum FAQs:
How do I add an image to a post?
If you have uploaded an image as an attachment, you can click the arrow next to the 'Attachment Icon' and select it from the list. This will be inserted into your post and can be located where you want it displayed.
You do this between closing the attachments maintenance dialogue box (as per Bigdawgs' guidelines) and hitting the submit button.

PS: Welcome Calendula - I'm sure you are going to find this forum very interesting and a delight to be part of. I am very pleased that I took the plunge last December and joined.
Bernice Olympus SP590 UZ, TCON-17, MCON-40
Mark Nikon D 5100

Last edited by onlooker; Mar 9, 2010 at 4:10 PM. Reason: Additional comment.
onlooker is offline   Reply With Quote