Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Welcome Center > Welcome! Introduce yourself here

Old Mar 21, 2010, 7:39 AM   #1
Default Hi from Sunny Wales, UK

Actually, I lied about the "sunny" bit although it's not too bad today!
I am a videographic journalist who dabbles with DSLRs occasionally. And it's the last word of the previous sentence which is the problem. Today I wanted to take a photograph of something in the garden, grabbed my Sony DSCF 828 and took a few pix only to find that when I tried to download them, I had a blue screen with ACCESS across the screen on the back of the camera.
I removed the 1Gb Lexar SmartMedia and put it in my card reader in the PC, laptop and Epson printer and each time was told the card wasn't recognised. If anyone knows what I need to do to retrieve the pix, I would be very grateful.
Thanks for reading this far and I hope your day is good.
going2press is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Apr 6, 2010, 3:38 PM   #2

Data recovery software will probably sort it out but you might have to buy it (ouch!) and might not recover all your images. At the very least and assuming the card is not completely dead you should be able to reformat it and start again. (Best to reformat in the caera, not on the PC).
daved163 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 7, 2010, 9:29 AM   #3

You might try doing a search on Card Data recovery, as I seem to remember there was a post asking the same question a while back and if my memory serves me right JimC had some good info about it. I believe there are some free downloads. Fingers crossed anyway.
Cymru am byth. is that right? I'm not Welsh but my favourite school teacher in London was, many many years ago. He used to get a whole classroom ofus Cockney kids singing in Welsh.
The Welsh National Anthem and All Through the Night.
That was no mean feat.
Great days.
D5100 +18-200mVR Nikkor lens.
SB400 Flash, ML-L3 Remote.
SB 700 Flash
Holster + Shoulder Bag.
Beike carbon 4 section tripod/monopod
Gorillapod SLR Zoom + BH1 ball head
Panasonic FZ1000
Panasonic FZ200
Nissin D i40 Flash
+ SLR Gorillapod