Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Welcome Center > Welcome! Introduce yourself here

Old Jun 14, 2010, 10:13 PM   #1
Default Just Wanted to Introduce Myself

Browsing the Net while waiting for my new glasses, I stumbled across this site. Liked what I saw, so I registered.

Although I'm a lifelong amateur, I use cameras extensively to document information for my work. Of course, those photos are neither fun nor creative.

I bought my first 'real' camera when I joined the Air Force. Best I could afford was a Yashica TL Electro. It went everywhere with me, even bounced around cargo holds of a few military transports. I still have the Yashica, but I don't use it anymore. It's not that I have anything against manual 35mm cameras. Far from it. Most of my work is digital, but when I use a manual 35mm, I find my Nikon F2 far more gratifying.

For many years, my photography sucked. I've improved tremendously in recent years, occasionally even producing an image that stretches the bounds of mediocrity...if just barely.

Improvement and enjoyment of photography can only be enhanced through practice, knowledge, practice, and....more practice. So, if I'm sitting on the net, not a camera in sight, I'm always glad to find sites like this one.
Arninetyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jun 15, 2010, 6:17 AM   #2

Welcome to the forums.
JimC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 24, 2010, 9:23 PM   #3

You'll like the demeanor here. Not hardly any of those LASHING out replies you'll see on other forums.
frank-in-toronto is offline   Reply With Quote