Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Welcome Center > Welcome! Introduce yourself here

Old Oct 5, 2010, 2:24 PM   #1
Default Thought I should say hello...

Since I just jumped in with both feet and didn't actually introduce myself first.

I'm Karen, military wife, homeschooling mom to two girls, Nova Scotia girl currently living in somewhat northern Canada. I like to dabble but I don't do anything full-time... I do web design and graphic work as something of a paying hobby, but I keep it at a part-time level because I prefer to focus on personal interests and family.

I started with photography around 2000, and in 2001 I put up my first "commercial" website mostly as an outlet for my pictures (otherwise they'd just stay on my hard drive and no one would see them). You can see them here if you're interested in a visit to Nova Scotia: http://yarmouthonline.ca/photos.htm (note that I've passed the reins of the website to someone else... this is all in an old folder so the pictures may or may not be 'clickable' but I do have the originals on file if you're nostalgic for NS and see something you really love)

My camera then was a Kodak DC4800 - I loved it, I used it a LOT for a long time then finally sold it a year or so ago for $50. Sigh. DH bought me a Canon A590 two Christmases ago and that one has also seen a lot of use, but not quite to the same extent as we've had two kids since then and I've been fairly busy with them. Now they are big enough to walk alongside me or go for a playdate for couple of hours, so I'm looking forward to getting my new upgrade and picking up the hobby again. I'm also planning to do a course in basic photography with our six year old starting in January, and I'm looking forward to learning along with her

That's about it, I think... I'm glad to have found my way here and I'm hoping to pick your brains a bit as I find my way.

Last edited by kaaryn; Oct 5, 2010 at 2:29 PM.
kaaryn is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Oct 6, 2010, 9:04 AM   #2

Welcome to the forums Karen.
JimC is offline   Reply With Quote