Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Welcome Center > Welcome! Introduce yourself here

Old Jan 23, 2011, 3:38 PM   #1
Default May Ozzie Traveller introduce himself

G'day all

I discovered this forum only recently, while meandering around and Googling for other things ... and it seems to be a nice, friendly and informative site

I am one of the "down-unders", living in Australia

I am in my mid-60s [yeah, makes me an old fella], retired from the 6-day-a-week workforce with an engineering & computing background and a life-long hobby of photography ~ a hobby that way back in the 70s led me into the world of adult education.

Over the years I have developed and run many courses on 'photographic techniques'; been on local government education department panels reviewing and creating approved courses-of-study for college students; been active in local camera clubs, exhibited in local & National photographic level etc etc and enjoyed it all

These days I have retired from the main workforce, and now take my [revised for the audience] college photographic techniques courses out into the Australian outback.

We travel Australia in a well-kitted out motorhome, we're on the road for 6 - 8 months each year running 24+ digital-photography weekend workshops over this time frame ... at the end of the journey, we've done about 35,000 kilometres and are exhausted

Our base is on the New South Wales central coast and that is a nice area to come home to

Hope you enjoy my posts when you see them
Regards, Phil
Has Fuji & Lumix superzoom cameras and loves their amazing capabilities
Google me at Travelling School of Photography Australia
Recent images at http://www.flickr.com/photos/ozzie_traveller/sets/
Ozzie_Traveller is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jan 23, 2011, 3:58 PM   #2

Hey Phil. Welcome to Steve's.

We'll look forward to your continued participation in the forums, sharing some of the knowledge you've accumulated over the years.
JimC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 24, 2011, 1:00 PM   #3

G'day Phil, struth -welcome to the site. This is the Kiwi connection here, and with all your experience I am sure I will be picking your brains for photography tips. I have posed a coulpe of questions here and you DO get responses and the "gang" is really supportive and encouraging. Cant wait to see your photos !!
DyaneG is offline   Reply With Quote