Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Welcome Center > Welcome! Introduce yourself here

Old Jan 25, 2011, 11:15 PM   #1
Default A Big Texas Hello

Just joined this week. Like many others I've been lurking and reading as I'm researching my next camera (compact super-zoom) acquisition. My camera compliment today includes a Nikon D60, A Pentax ZXL (35mm) and a Sony DSC-W170. My favorite post processing software tools are Photoscape, Neat Image, Picasa and Hugin.

I have enjoyed much of what I've encountered in the forums here so far. I've been relying on Steve's camera reviews for several years (I frequent others but always seem to stop here first when looking for reviews and answers) for great and timely reviews of the most current offerings.

My current pursuit of a super-zoom compact has come down to 3 choices, Sony HX7V (coming out in April), Panasonic ZS7 or the Canon SX130. My Sony DSC-W170 handles outside shots to my satisfaction but doesn't handle low light all that well. I'm leaning hard toward the HX7V for that reason along with the added range from the 10x lens.

I look forward to learning and sharing along with everyone else here.

All the best,
l'duck <><
locoduck is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jan 26, 2011, 8:52 AM   #2

Welcome to the Forums.

We'll look forward to seeing you visit.
JimC is offline   Reply With Quote