Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Welcome Center > Welcome! Introduce yourself here

Old Feb 17, 2011, 3:47 PM   #1
Default hi there

Hi there I'm a new member just joined. I love going walking and usually carry my a small digi camera around with me. I was really into photography when I was younger and had a few film pre digi cameras. My last was a Pentax 35mm MX with quite a few lens which I still own. I have had small digital cameras ever since they first came out,the convenience of them was the major factor in buying them. I have had 2 fuji compacts the 1st one was brilliant till my son broke the switch on the top unfortunately the second one which had loads of extra features, manual overide etc was good but not as reliable. My eyesites not as good as it used to be so I bought a Canon Ixus 200 IS with the big touch screen so I can take pictures quickly without having to put my glasses on. Thats nessasary when you do a lot of walking and see some wildlife and need to take the picture quick. Unfortunatly my Canon is now having problems with the memory card,at least I found this site which I didnt know existed,bye for now.Chris
lil chris26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Feb 18, 2011, 6:24 AM   #2

Welcome Chris, like you I also just joined.

I'm looking forward in your wild life shots, also as a biologist.

Unfortunately I can not help you out with memory card problems, but I bet ya that there is someone around here that can.
Happy owner and user of Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ38 (FZ35)

Visit my album on Flickr!
RafalW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 18, 2011, 7:56 AM   #3

Hey Chris. Welcome to Steve's.
JimC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 18, 2011, 3:32 PM   #4

Hi Chris, welcome to the Forum. You will certainly gets lots of help and advice for any probs you might have with the camera as the group here are nice and friendly and people do reply to your questions. Dyane.
DyaneG is offline   Reply With Quote