Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Welcome Center > Welcome! Introduce yourself here

Old Mar 6, 2011, 9:51 PM   #1
Default Greetings from Portugal

Hello from Portugal!

My name is Rui, I'm 31 and I love photography ever since. I enjoy playing with the environments and with the exposures but not always have time for this ... so I can not even consider myself an amateur ... I'm just a point and shooter that sometimes takes more time in a particular photo

My first camera was a Canon EOS 300 with 28-90 kit lens. It's a good camera and I still have it. I bought a Tamron 28-300 lens and I liked the way they worked together. Due to lack of time, I ended up using little bit this set. Only in one or another vacation.

Then, with the increased supply of digital cameras and because of the versatility they offered, I bought a Nikon Coolpix L18. I love the pictures taken with this camera ... Warm colors and always good exposure ... but lacks the zoom.

In July last year appeared a bargain and bought a Canon 450D, only the body, and used it with the Tamron lens that already had.

It is a good machine but I never adapted well to it ... white balance on auto had lacks of color ... trying to manually set each scene was time consuming and the colors were unnatural or highly loaded.

Furthermore, it doesnt makes movie ...

For my usage, it was a large and heavy camera, and forced me to take the Nikon L18 to be able to make short movies.

So I sold the Canon 450D and I will buy a bridge camera.

Already read and reread and reread again many reviews about Ponasonic Fz38/35 Fz40/45 and I do not know what I should buy ... I think I'll be undecided until the moment of purchase despite being more determined for the FZ38.

This post is already long and i dont want to bore you even more

I'll put some photos I have taked with the 450D for your c & c and when I decide which camera to buy I'll tell

You have an awesome forum here and I hope I can learn with you all.

PS: any serious mispelling... blame it on google translator

Rui Marques
rpmarques is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Mar 7, 2011, 6:16 AM   #2

Hey Rui. Welcome to Steve's.
JimC is offline   Reply With Quote