Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Welcome Center > Welcome! Introduce yourself here

Old Mar 7, 2011, 6:25 AM   #1
Default Hi everyone

Been bad and posted in the buyers advice section before here, so thought I'd best pop on and introduce myself.

I'm Ian and I live in Nottingham in the UK, pretty much a beginner photography wise. Had an old point and shoot Kodak 4MP camera that I bought years back and until a few days ago it was the most advanced camera I'd used lol.

Just bought a Panasonic Lumix DMC-G2 with 14-42mm lens kit. Been interested in getting into photography as a hobby, particularly for landscapes for a while now, and from reading up I wanted something that could shoot RAW. The features of the camera appealed to me so I bit the bullet and bought it.

Have only been using it for a few days so far, all the options are a little bewildering for a beginner, but I'm slowly getting my head round it and reckon I'll get there in the end Also learning Aperture 3 for processing the pictures and enjoying the learning experience so far.

Came across this forum when I was doing research on what camera to buy, and there seems like a lot of friendly, knowledgable people on here. Look forward to sharing my projects and getting advice.

runebinder is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Mar 7, 2011, 1:19 PM   #2

Hey Ian. Welcome to Steve's.
JimC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 9, 2011, 4:16 PM   #3

hello Ian.
lonefeather93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 10, 2011, 8:49 PM   #4

Hey mateey, Living in the forest eh? Great to see some one from the Island joining. Hope my comments don't scare you off, will enjoy seeing your progress as you post here. Cheee-ow Frank
The hardest part of accepting criticism is realizing I am not perfect.......
hkmp50 is offline   Reply With Quote