Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Welcome Center > Welcome! Introduce yourself here

Old Mar 11, 2011, 7:01 AM   #1
Default Hello!

My name is Vasco Cartó and I am an amateur photographer from Algarvem southern Portugal. I work in archaeology since 2008, when i finished my degree in this science.

My photo odyssey started 10 years ago when I got my first camera. A fantastic Sony Cybershot! From then on I started taking pictures, trying to capture a beautifull sunset, a seagull, the beach in the morning... Nothing extremly great, just your normal day to day basic point and shoot photography...

Around 2004 I got a Nikon coolpix 5000. And around the same time I moved from my hometown into Lisbon, at times my only companion was my photo camera wich I took around Lisbon taking pictures of the city. For the first time in my life I would go out just looking for the best shot.

This camera finally died in 2009, I ended up spending some months with no camera, something I didn't do for a long time! Since everyone always would praise my photos I decided to invest in a better camera. I bought a Nikon d60 in the end of 2009.

To be honest, when I finally bought an SLR camera I felt like this was the kind of camera I always needed since day one... For the first time I was able to take photos like I always intended too, the vision I always wanted to express came out always clean.

But there was only one problem. I needed more zoom, and I only had a 18-55 nikkor lense... I ended up buying a 55-200 lense from Sigma and I actually got more zoom! But this lense wasn't fit for me... I never felt satisified with a shot from it... So last month I decided to buy a Nikor 18-200 VRII. And this is now my standard lense!
Mackwiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Mar 11, 2011, 7:58 AM   #2

Hey Vasco. Welcome to Steve's.
JimC is offline   Reply With Quote