Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Welcome Center > Welcome! Introduce yourself here

Old Jun 12, 2011, 7:03 PM   #1
Default Really green

I stumbled upon this place when searching for tips and tricks for getting the best out of my soon-to-be-delivered Finepix HS20EXR.

I am a complete novice at photography but have got the bug after upgrading my smartphone to the Nokia N8 (don't laugh!) at the tail end of last year, which has a very impressive 12MP camera. Whilst it is very good at what it does, it obviously has limitations which initially lead me to discovering HDR to try to squeeze a bit more out of the images I have been capturing with it.

After a fair amount of reading and hands-on experience with friend's compact digital cameras, it became obvious that this category wasn't going to significantly improve upon what I could already do. So I started looking into bridge/superzoom cameras and eventually settled on the HS20EXR as its x30 zoom and RAW output made the difference for me. Also, I think I have chosen a camera that is going to encourage me to learn some of the nuances of digital photography and is rich in features to keep me happy-snapping for quite some time to come.

Anyway, here's one of my first N8 pics that I just liked so much that it sparked my desire to do more:
waspbloke is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jun 12, 2011, 7:04 PM   #2

Welcome to Steve's. We're glad you stumbled upon and hope you stop in more often. ;-)
JimC is offline   Reply With Quote