Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Welcome Center > Welcome! Introduce yourself here

Old Aug 16, 2011, 8:38 PM   #1
Default Photobooth buttons

I am the new owner of a photobooth. My laptop came loaded with BreezeSystems and DSLR Remote Pro. My problem is that I cannot get the photobooth buttons to connect as the USB to Serial Com port cable does not have the driver installed on the laptop. I contacted the manufacturers website for the cable and it is no longer even listed as being supported. I am not getting a call back from the company I purchased the booth so am wondering if anyone knows if I can download the driver for this cable. Everything else appears to work but it's hard to run a booth if the buttons in the booth won't work.
Lyric is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Aug 16, 2011, 8:59 PM   #2

Welcome to Steve's.

A quick google search found drivers from Prolific that work with some USB to Serial Port cables. Here's one example:

Found here:

Apparently, some USB to Serial cables use a Prolific 2303 Controller (that the above driver should work with). Here's one cable that uses it from what I can tell from user reviews:

Here's a longer cable.

IOGear USB to Serial cables also appear to use Prolific controllers, since I see Prolific inside of the inf files for the drivers you can download from here:

IOW, it appears that many of these cables from various manufacturers are using Prolific Controllers. So, I'd try their drivers and see what happens. This download:

You may want to look at some of the articles about available options for using the software you have with photobooth buttons. i'd probably start here since it mentions usb to serial port cables, and also has a link to an i/o page with more options:

JimC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 26, 2011, 6:44 PM   #3

Thanks Jim. I will follow up.
The company I bought it from has left me on my own and I'm a dead duck at the moment!!
Lyric is offline   Reply With Quote