Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Welcome Center > Welcome! Introduce yourself here

Old Aug 30, 2011, 7:48 AM   #1
Default Kapekodder after the storm!

I am a recent new member here. I suffer from severe GAS (gear acquisition syndrome) and am tormented daily "do I shoot with the P&S, the better compact, m4/3 or one of the DSLRs"

I am an enthusiastic hobbyist and am continuing my efforts to learn finer techniques, etc. I appreciate forums for their valuable info and hope to contribute properly. Thanks.
Kapekodder is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Aug 30, 2011, 9:24 AM   #2

Welcome to Steve's
JimC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 30, 2011, 10:30 AM   #3

Thanks, Jim! This photography thing has changed since my old Minolta Maxxum 9000. I wasn't prepared for the technological change that occurred between the 1st Mavica(Sony) and today's camera choices. Undaunted, however, I re-entered the digital age with a Canon s-50, amazing at the time. Long story, short; my mention on GAS was an abbreviated admission of my choices and progression in this hobby.

My progress includes not only gear, but numerous photo classes/lectures here on this sandspit. To be certain; boats, sunsets, beaches are abundant subjects here, but I've learned that photography is so much more. One course concentrated on Abstract and Experimental Photography. It was an excellent eye-opener and changed my eye.

A major piece of photo equipment is my iMac and the various Adobe and NIK programs that I use. In this area, I am still weak. I am hopeful that my ongoing experience will help me capture the images, process them, preserve them and enjoy all that came in this great hobby. I'd be interested in any member's advice/experience with any hard disk arrays (Drobo, Synology, etc.), good, bad or in- between. Currently, my back-up plan relies on 2 portable HDs, the iMac and an external HD (which are maxed out).

Thanks for reading.
Kapekodder is offline   Reply With Quote