Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Welcome Center > Welcome! Introduce yourself here

Old Oct 16, 2011, 8:10 AM   #1
Default Fuji S1 Pro Auto Exposure issue!

Hi - struggling to resolve an issue on a Fuji S1 Pro - in Auto Exposure, all photos shot seem to be under exposed and consequently all appear too dark to be seen on the LCD screen on the back. Have increased the LCD screen setting lightness - In some instances - the camera simply presents an ERR message and refuses to store the image. Batteries have been changed, and media is not full.
Interestingly Camera seems to work fine in Auto with Flash popped.

Do I need to reset the Auto Exposure settings somehow?
Have I mis-interpreted the problem? Is it something else?
Where am I going wrong?
Grateful for advice

Mark D
windandsurf is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Oct 16, 2011, 8:34 AM   #2

It's probably just your Exposure Compensation Setting if the photos are also dark on a PC. Your camera has a +- button you can press and spin a control wheel to increase or decrease how your camera exposes images compared to the default metering.

If you go into your setup menu and scroll down, there is a Reset option that probably resets everything like that back to defaults.

As for your ERR messages, have you tried formatting your memory card using the camera's menu choice for format? I'd see if that fixes it in case you have a corrupted file system on the card.

BTW, Welcome to Steve's
JimC is offline   Reply With Quote