Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Welcome Center > Welcome! Introduce yourself here

Old Jan 15, 2012, 10:36 PM   #1
Default hello, from MN

Mick from MN...formerly from IA. I've enjoyed photography since 1990 when I borrowed my brothers Pentax K1000 to take some pics of flowers. I bought a pair of K1000 cameras and eventually bought a couple lenses for them. 2005 brought a Sony Cybershot DSC T5 or something like that, which we still have, works great.

K1000 have been replaced with a Sony DSC H3, which was replaced last year with a used H10. Dropped the H3 on a sidewalk and it does not focus reliably any more. Sadly, the H10 seems to have problems with focus, as well.

A Pentax Optio L30 and a Fuji Finepix waterproof have come and gone. Currently bidding on a Pentax W90 on ebay, don't know if that is wise or not.

I bought the Fuji to mount on my motorcycle and take along when we snorkel, which is when it died...the Pentax will replace it.

I struggle with software, have a terrible time resizing, editing pics....suggestions for easy to use programs welcome. I do have picasa on the computer...

Cameras, motorcycles and blogs....having fun now.
stresssolutions is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jan 17, 2012, 3:30 PM   #2
Super Moderator

Welcome to Steve's. For editing it depends on what you want. Photo.net is free so a good start, going on from there Photoshop Elements is the first step to serious editing.
Any problems with a post or thread please use the report button at the bottom left of the post and the team will help sort it out.

Have fun everyone!

See what I'm up to visit my Plymouth Wedding Photography
site or go to my blog.
Mark1616 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 17, 2012, 3:42 PM   #3
Location: north eastern Michigan in a cedar swamp with DH and Luna and Ziggy

Hi Mick,

Nice to have you. I joined in July of last year, and sort of fell off the face of the Earth for a bit and haven't posted much, but now that winter has finally returned to northern Michigan and I can't risk my little Panasonic LZ8 outside (certainly not in today's snowstorm), I figure it's back to reading forums and researching new cameras.

Post some photos, ask questions, have fun.

Bec aka MMP
MIMudPuppy is offline   Reply With Quote