Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Welcome Center > Welcome! Introduce yourself here

Old Feb 29, 2012, 7:46 PM   #1
Default Canon SX 40 Nightclub / DJ Videos for Youtube

Hi all, I am in Costa Rica, I am an enthusiastic amature Videographer/Photographer, usually am doing outdoor / nature shots here in Costa Rica, and some Real Estate, but I sideline at night here for some of the top DJ's and Clubs. Has anyone had experience with the SX40 shooting Video in dark / noisy Nightclubs? (Electronic Music/House/Club music)

I am hoping it is better then the SX30 because of the better CMOS and HS for low light. Also hoping the mic is better, as with the SX30 I got blown out sound when ths a Videoographe Bass was heavy

This was actually taken with a different camera then the 2 mentioned, showing you these Videos just to give you an idea of the conditions..

Thanks in advance

CruzinCostaRica is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Mar 1, 2012, 8:13 AM   #2

Hey CruzinCostaRica

You may want to browse through our Canon Forum to see if anyone has commented on using it for video in low light; or if you're looking for a new camera to meet those needs, you may want to start a thread in our What Camera Should I Buy forum for suggestions.

BTW, Welcome to Steve's
JimC is offline   Reply With Quote