Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Welcome Center > Welcome! Introduce yourself here

Old Mar 9, 2012, 9:58 AM   #1
Default Panasonic Lumix DMC-F27

Hi to you all.

I've had my camera for several years, but have not really gotten past the "simple" mode. The pictures have always been nice and clear, notice the past tense. I need some expertise in regards to a very weird happening. I re-set to factory settings (which I learned from this site). No help.

The pictures are coming out as though the pixels are slightly ajar, not smooth. If I reduce the picture to quite small they look better, but then of course, they are too small to enjoy.

I'm not computer challenged, but that's probably because I've been technically raised on a Mac. I find the new technology fascinating, though I don't own any of the newer devices. I seek help when I need it, and I need it now.

The description above about my camera is a new phenomenon.

Trish9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Mar 9, 2012, 11:12 AM   #2

Hey Trish9:

You can't expect to see perfect images at 100% viewing size on screen, since that would be the equivalent of a *very* large print. ;-)

If that's how you're trying to examine them, see how they look at more typical viewing and print sizes instead.

Other things like lighting can make a big difference, as using when Auto Modes, the camera is going to increase ISO speed in lower light (and typical indoor lighting is low light), which creates noise (and or image degradation to Noise Reduction). So, in less than optimum lighting, image quality won't be as good. Using a flash indoors can help.

You may want to post a sample in our Panasonic Forum and let some of our other users of that camera comment on them, so you'll know if you're seeing normal results, or if something you're doing may be causing images to look less than satisfactory to you.

BTW, Welcome to Steve's.
JimC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 9, 2012, 2:13 PM   #3

Thanks, JimC, for your reply,

The size pictures are "email" size. I've taken hundreds of pictures with the camera and none came out looking like they are were pixel contaminated. I agree, the lighting is very important, but even the pictures I took outside were not clear. I will try to find the Panasonic forum and post my examples.

Thanks Again,

Trish9 is offline   Reply With Quote