Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Welcome Center > Welcome! Introduce yourself here

Old Apr 3, 2012, 11:28 AM   #1
Default Hello from Seattle

My name is Scott. Been in photography for a while now but fairly new to digital. Just purchased a Panasonic Lumix FZ150. So a great bridge camera.
I tried to post a photo in the Panasonic camera section....but can't figure out how to do it. Tried to paste the URL from imageshack but I have no clue how to get the image to post.
Scottag is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Apr 3, 2012, 1:50 PM   #2

Hey Scott.

Welcome to Steve's.

If the image is "hot linkable" and ends with .jpg or .jpeg you can use the [img]http://forums.steves-digicams.com/images/editor/insertimage.gif] (Insert Image) icon you'll see when editing a post in Advanced Mode to insert the link to the image so that it will display in a post here.

Or, you can simply put [img] in front of it, and [/img] after it, like this, only substituting the link ending in .jpg or .jpeg in place of where I have LinkToYourImage

Make sure the link works in a separate browser window when you past it into an address bar, and ends in .jpg or .jpeg. IOW, it needs to be the link to the actual image, not the page it's on.

Another way to do it is by using the Paperclip icon. That actually copies the image to our servers. But, if they're already on an image host that allows hot linking, it's probably easier to do it using the method shown above. Here's a thread on doing using the Attach Images feature instead (paperclip icon which uploads the image to our servers):

How I post a photo to the forum

Note that we prefer images that are not too large (please try to keep the longest side no longer than 1024 pixels; and the file size at 250KB or smaller)
JimC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 3, 2012, 2:24 PM   #3

I just looked at one of your edited posts where you were trying to insert an image.

This image:

The sharing links they show won't work for embedding photos in a post, even though they end in .jpg, because they're really just links to that page, versus links to the actual image on their servers.

You'll need to use the "Direct Link" they show on that page (I can't see it since I don't have an account there and you need to be logged in to get it).

IOW, like this (copying the Direct Link and placing it between [img] and [/img] in a post here):

JimC is offline   Reply With Quote