Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Welcome Center > Welcome! Introduce yourself here

Old Apr 29, 2012, 5:17 PM   #1
Default Bon Giorno, Guten Tag, Goedendag, Hello!

Difficult to know how much or how little to put in these welcome pages

My parents were both amateur photographers but I took little notice as I've always wanted to find my own way and not be taught.

I took up photography seriously 4 years ago and within a year was made chairman of the photography group I had joined. In that year as chairman the photographic group had the most successful year for any camera/photographic group in our county.
Following that year as chairman I decided to step down and out of the club scene to see where my photography juices would flow which is mostly abstract / candid and all monochrome.

I've been lucky enough to have been requested to photograph rock events across Europe in the music business and am the official concert photographer for one tour operator, which is not as glamorous as it sounds!

3 months ago I sold my 7D, 5D2 and all lenses because I no longer wish to photograph events and have some keen people from my old camera club who want me to start my own club up, which I am currently in the process of organising.

After selling my EOS kit I purchased a Pana GX1 MFT which was a disaster. Just not my bag at all. Yesterday I ordered the FujiFilm XS-1 but this afternoon I cancelled the order after finding out about the XS-1 lens droop, so tomorrow morning I'll be ordering the Pana FZ105 which was my original choice earlier in the week.

So that's me in a nutshell unless anyone wants to hear about my ingrown toenail
Beachcomber is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Apr 29, 2012, 6:50 PM   #2

Welcome to Steve's
JimC is offline   Reply With Quote