Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Welcome Center > Welcome! Introduce yourself here

Old May 11, 2012, 4:09 PM   #1
Default Hello

Hello all. My name is John and I'm retired in my home state of Connecticut. I'm the husband of one, father of five, grandfather of ten, and best friend of Hans, the Schnauzer. Eldest granddaughter is getting married next weekend. Are some great-greats in store?

My photography background is rather that of a dinosaur. Besides all the shots I took of the family and our town, I also worked several years as a stringer for local papers and UP and AP. I have a lot of film equipment (all of it Pentax), a miniature digital pocket camera (Fuji), a DSLR (Pentax K-X), and just bought a new Olympus E-420 (which I have coveted since the E Series was introduced but didn't want to get rid of my Pentax stuff). All the film stuff is just for show from now on, I'm afraid. I'm too old to do any processing or developing any more. I do like digital and the post-processing available and the instant gratification.

Oops, better shut down...I'm taking up too much space. Bye.
johnbee418 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old May 11, 2012, 5:55 PM   #2

Hey John.

Welcome to Steve's

I'm too old to do any processing or developing any more.
Awww... Then just let someone else do it, and they can even scan the negatives for you and save them to CD. ;-)
JimC is online now   Reply With Quote