Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Welcome Center > Welcome! Introduce yourself here

Old Dec 1, 2012, 5:48 PM   #1
Default another newbie, Hi from HI

I suspect i am the only one, or one of a very few perople in my time zone.
I have been an on & off observer for years and registered because I have a question.
By way of introduction, I am most definitely an amateur with fine taste, and not the budget to match

Currently a working artist (hot glass after leaving the health care field (long story, unnecessary)

I currently have a minolta slr with motor drive:film (and *a lot* of lenses) now infrequently used, several early digitals: a minolta with a nice glass lens, but only .3 mp, an olympus (1 mp if I remember), 2 lumix: the original TZ & FP3 travel camera. looking to move up.

Have a kid who is a serious amateur, with a photo in the state art museum & a gold key award from stae foundation on culture and the arts; currently in an east coast engineering program and too busy to answer my question.

As i suspect someone will ask, it is very bloody hot & humid today (I'd guess around 80% ). I know... it isn't snow (but personally, I'd rather it was)
eswope is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Dec 2, 2012, 8:34 AM   #2

Welcome to Steve's

BTW, if that Minolta SLR is Autofocus, then any of the lenses you have will work on a Sony dSLR model. Sony bought Konica Minolta's camera related assets a while back, and stayed with the same Minolta AF (a.k.a., Maxxum, Dynax) Lens mount for use with their dSLR models. But, if it's a manual focus Minolta SLR, then the lens mount is different.
JimC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 2, 2012, 10:28 PM   #3

Thanks for the welcome and the information! I was told some of that, but not in as much detail, by a salesman at best buy determined to get me to look at Sonys. (I was there hoping to compare the cameras on my short list).
If they do work...well, I'd be moving up in a different dorection than i had consiered, but would have a great set up at a very reasonavle cost
I am moving up one way or another, presently considering either a compact superzoom or micro 4/3 (fz60 being delivered tomorrow), though still thinking about an fz150 or G3)
If the lenses aren't right for the mount, my daughter still shoots film and I am sure would be happy to add them to her collection.
Thanks again & aloha,
eswope is offline   Reply With Quote