Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Welcome Center > Welcome! Introduce yourself here

Old Jan 12, 2013, 4:56 PM   #1

Default Hi from Denmark

I have just joined the forum a couple of days ago, so I guess I had better get the formalities over with !
I originate from Bristol, UK. Trained as a mechanic, became a disc jockey, moved to Denmark in 1975 working as a DJ. I am still there, have worked in discotheques, then plastic industry, and in my lesiure time on local radio for a number of years.
Due to the advancing years, I am now retired !
My interests/hobbies include computers, live steam garden railways, steam locomotives, paddle steamers.
Photography has come in at second place in association with some of my hobbies, although for years I have enjoyed "capturing the moment or landscape", so I guess I would rank as an ordinary guy who like taking pics
I discovered these forums a couple of weeks ago, when researching which camera I should buy. I started taking photos many years ago in the days of film with a Zenit SLR (which unfortunately was stolen after a year), replaced by a Minolta 110 zoom mark 2 SLR which I became very fond of. A few years after digital cameras came on the market, I bought a Konica Minolta Dimage A2, which I have been using until Aug 2012 when it suddenly started misbehaving. I bought a FujiFilm Finepix s2950 which left me slightly disappointed and frustrated, and have now after much contemplation aquired a Panasonic FZ150 bridge camera which has left me over the moon . Visiting the Panasonic group and seeing their wonderful photos was instrumental in that decision ! The contributions of everyone on these forums has left me with a desire to learn more and do more with the new camera, for which I thank you all.
There, now you know everything except my guilty secrets... uhm... I can't seem recall having any of those !

John.
John J is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jan 14, 2013, 8:28 AM   #2
Administrator

Hey John:

Welcome to Steves
JimC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 14, 2013, 4:43 PM   #3

Welcome to Steve's
Old Jan 16, 2013, 11:33 AM   #4

Thank you very much both of you.
Old Feb 9, 2013, 2:13 PM   #5

Hi John, your intro caught my eye. I'm from Denmark as well but have lived in Canada most of my life. Hope things are well in Denmark
reddeerab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 15, 2013, 6:51 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by reddeerab View Post
Hi John, your intro caught my eye. I'm from Denmark as well but have lived in Canada most of my life. Hope things are well in Denmark
Hi Reddeerab, things are not too bad here, the country is suffering along with the others, and not quite the well organised country that it used to be

"I am not a vegetarian because I love animals, I am a vegetarian because I hate plants" (A. Whitney Brown)