Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Welcome Center > Welcome! Introduce yourself here

Old Jan 31, 2013, 6:11 AM   #1
Default Oxyride...

I am new to this forum, so please bear with me. I'll fill in my profile details later.
However I have a very pressing question:-
My camera has three battery settins; Ni-MH, Lithium and Alkaline.
I've just bought a set of AA Oxyride batteries (by mistake ) and wonder if anyone can tell me what setting to use for the out of the three?
Thanks, Supajohnny...
supajohnny is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Feb 1, 2013, 8:56 AM   #2

Well... from what I can see about Oxyride batteries, they are 1.7 Volt cells

AA Alkaline and Lithium batteries are usually 1.5 volt cells, and NiMH batteries are usually 1.2 volt cells.

So, the voltage for the Oxyride batteries is too high for any of those settings. So, use them at your own risk, as the voltage is higher than what the camera expects, and and the wrong voltage could potentially damage components if the voltage from the batteries is not well regulated.

If you decide to risk using them anyway, I'd probably just try the Alkaline Setting. But, the battery life indicator will probably be wrong (where the batteries may die sooner than the camera expects, because of the higher voltage they generate).
JimC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 2, 2013, 7:03 AM   #3
Default Oxyride

Thanks Jim, I'll try the Oxyride on Alkaline setting and post the results over time for your readers.
supajohnny is offline   Reply With Quote