Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Welcome Center > Welcome! Introduce yourself here

Old Apr 9, 2013, 10:31 PM   #1

Default danscam

Hi,

I have owned a Pentax K-x for about 5 years now and have enjoyed using it. But recently I have noticed that my re-chargeable batteries that I have been using are exhausting quickly and just today after installing regular alkaline batteries I have been unable to get action from the monitor while the camera still operates and takes pictures. Obviously this is a serious problem since I cannot review settings and adjustments. Any thoughts on what has happened?
danscam is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Apr 10, 2013, 7:00 PM   #2

G'day Dan

I also have a Kx camera
At first glance to your description, my reaction was to install some shop-new alkalines like the "good ole Black & Gold" duracell's to test things out ... but you appear to have done this already

You say that the rear LCD is not visible but you can still take pictures - so I presume that the viewfinder is still okay. This being the case, you will need to do lots of staring into the vf to alter menu options

For starters,
Press MENU > SETUP [spanner] > #3 > Select Battery > Alkaline

Then try
Press MENU > SETUP [spanner] > #2 > Brightness Level > zero to +5 [your choice]
in order to view the LCD screen

If you still have no image on the LCD screen, then I think it's time to consider your options ... ie- go back to film-camera days where you waited to view your photos when you get back home, vs buying a new camera

ps- I presume from your nickname that I am talking to Dan's Camera rather than Dan the Scammer .... you may wish to edit your profile after a while !
Regards, Phil
Ozzie_Traveller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 10, 2013, 8:54 PM   #3

Thaanks for the reply and after the fact I noticed the play on letters (scam) Oh well just trying to find a password. Thanks for your suggestions.
danscam is offline   Reply With Quote