Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Welcome Center > Welcome! Introduce yourself here

Old Jun 11, 2013, 7:48 PM   #1
Default Newbie Here, starting with a new camera

Hello my name is Jason and I am completely new to photography. My daughter is in competitive cheer and I wanted a better camera to take pictures of her. My in-laws bought me a Sony A-57, so now I am learning how to use it properly. I hate owning a tool and not knowing how to use it, with all of its functions. So I have bought a book and I have been reading tutorials through out the internet. Slowly understanding the basics of photography and the relationship between shutter speed, aperture, and ISO. I guess all I need now is more time behind the lens for experience. I look forward to all the new knowledge, that I can learn from here, and I apologize up front for any stupid questions.

Jptex is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jun 12, 2013, 6:42 AM   #2

Hey Jason

Welcome to Steve's

As the old saying goes "the only stupid question is the one not asked".

So, make sure to visit the forums for tips. For example, for tips on capturing competitive cheer photos, you may want to visit our Sports and Action forum; and for questions about your camera and lenses that may be more appropriate, visit our Sony Alpha dSLR Forum (as if you're taking photos in dimmer lighting, you may need a brighter lens to get shutter speeds fast enough to reduce blur).
JimC is offline   Reply With Quote